Monday, November 12, 2012

One Year Ago ( this week)

I can't let this week go by without acknowledging that on November 15, 2011, I was diagnosed with Cancer. The biopsy was on November 14th,2011. The next day, we got the phone call. Although I am proud to say that I am a survivor, the journey is not over yet. I am scheduled for ultrasound number 2 in February, and this will let me know if the cancer is back ( hopefully not!- there is less that a 5% chance of a recurrence).
  I will never forget the feeling that resulted from that horrible phone call. I immediately broke down in tears, and my life was turned upside down. November 2011-February 2012 were the worst months of my life, but ultimately, they resulted in a good outccome. What I want you, loyal followers, to take away from this is that there is always a silver lining to a horrible situation. I am proof of that. My life lesson for today is that if you are in a horrible situation, surround yourself with a supportive group of friends. I did that, and it was the best thing I could have done.
  Admittedly, I felt like a total dork whenever I told anyone. The first person I told was my best friend, and unfortunatale she freaked out. Eventually, though, she calmed down. Nowadays, I really don't care who knows. It's not like this is my fault. I did nothing to cause this, ( no I didn't and never will use a tanning bed!). I hope that you can and will take something away from this story.
  Tuesday and Wednesday will be gloomy for me, but i'd love to hear all of your kind words. All my loyal followers are amazing, and are very encouraging.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! :)