Monday, January 14, 2013

Book Review: The Perks of being a Wallflower

The Perks of being a Wallflower is about a boy named Charlie, who is a high school student, and a wallflower as well. A wallflower is someone who does not socialize and is usually quiet. I have to admit- I am a wallflower, and I'm not ashamed of it! I really don't care what others think of me. After having cancer last year, I've sort of adapted a 'to-hell-with-it' attitude. I march to the beat of my own drum, and people respect me for it. I don't talk to people much, yet a lot of people know and appreciate me for who I am. I have a lot of friends, and, as Dr. Seuss says, " Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind".
  High school is hard, and each one of us has our own unique way of getting throough it. I am a junior in high school, and I've certainly changed in ways that I probably don't even know since freshman year. But I accept and embrace that I am a wallflower!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! :)