Thursday, February 27, 2014

WIP Movie Blogfest

Almost all of us have imagined who would play the characters in our WIPs if they were ever made into a movie. On February 28th, we want you to “cast” your WIP, and post photos of the actors/actresses you would choose to play the characters in your latest manuscript. You don’t have to cast everyone if you don’t want to, just show us your MCs and tell us a little about them.

 Also, we’d like you to tell us which songs you’d have on your WIP Movie soundtrack! This can be one song that fits the main theme of the story, or several songs that make you think of your story.


Right now, I am writing a book about my experiences with cancer. It's in its very early stages (rough draft). It covers three surgeries, several dozen (estimated) doctor visits, etc. Here are my picks for actors/actresses and songs! 

Songs:
- "Firework" Katy Perry
- "Keep Holding On" Avril Lavine
- "Stronger" Kelly Clarkson
- " Breakaway" Kelly Clarkson

Actors:
Me: Played as self
Mom: Cameron Diaz
Dad: Jason Patric
Dr.  #1: PSY ( both of these people are Asian)
Dr. #2: Gene Wilder 
Nurse: Amy Poehler 



















7 comments:

  1. this is so inspirational. kelly clarkson is one of my all time faves. she always sings about overcoming pain! and i love your fantasy cast. cameron diaz is the best!
    your story will be treasured!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a tough subject to write about. I love that you'd cast you as you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great cast -- how cute that you cast your own parents. I'll bet mom's happy w/ that choice, eh? And Amy Poehler for a nurse would be awesome!

    I hope you find the process of writing this book to be therapeutic and not too difficult emotionally. As you read at my place, my family is just starting on our own cancer adventure, and I'm sure a book like yours will be a great resource for many families in the future.

    Have a marvelous weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy Poehler as a nurse would be amazing.

    And that's a terrific soundtrack.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gene Wilder as a doctor. Interesting choice. I love him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I especially like your song choices for your movie!

    Thanks for taking part in the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are some very funny people to choose.

    Humor helps us all.

    Great choices. Sorry, I'm late.
    Heather

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! :)