Thursday, June 6, 2013

Feature and Follow Friday


Q: Have you broken up with a series? If so which one and why?

Yes. There are two answers to this question. 

1. I broke up with the Twilight series about 4ish years ago. The books were too long and drawn out, and they did not capture my attention at all. The concept of vampires got old, and I just got bored. Sorry, Stephanie Meyer!

2. I broke up with the Harry Potter series. I loved the first book, and I own it! After that, the plot got old and boring and confusing (please ignore the bad grammar- it's 10:30 p.m and I am frantically trying to get this post done so I can go to bed). Because of that, I decided to ditch it and find something better.


8 comments:

  1. I actually liked and finished both those series. Sorry they didn't capture your attention more. :D Old follower here. Happy Friday!

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've broken up with a few series in the past, too. There really is no point in continuing to read something if it simply doesn't grab your interest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the Harry Potter series, and Twilight...I seen the first movie, and I am afraid if I read the book all I would see is that actress...and she doesn't impress me at all....highly overrated.

    I like the Hunger Games.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like Liesel, I also enjoyed both of these series. Sorry you didn't.

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morgan, thanks for stopping by my blog. True, the linky list for the May book club is closed but June's list is open. I hope you'll join us: http://armchairsquid.blogspot.com/2013/06/the-cephalopod-coffeehouse-june-blog.html

    I never tried Twilight but was devoted to Harry to the end. I was enthralled with The Walking Dead when I first discovered it - much to my own surprise. I find the whole zombie fad rather annoying, actually. But after Volume 4, I'd had enough.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never finished the harry potter series, and everyone looks at me like I'm insane when I tell people that I folloed you on google +
    rainydayreadingreviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Morgan - never tried the Twilight series, while the Harry Potter I sort of jogged along with .. as my godchildren were so thoroughly enjoying them! Can't say I was hooked - but they were ..

    Cheers and after a while the scenario gets stale - but some people just get into series and love them .. Hope you got some sleep! cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  8. I couldn't even get through the first two chapters of Twilight. The purple prose nearly choked me to death.
    Harry Potter is one of my favorite series.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! :)