Thursday, November 8, 2012

Feature and Follow Friday

Gain New Blog Followers

Q: Do you mind books with similar ideas to other books? Similar concepts, backgrounds, retellings or pulled-to-publish fanfic?


Not at all! In fact, I enjoy reading books with similar concepts. But my one rule with books is that that I have to read a couple pages, or more, to see if I like the book. I am a very picky reader! I am trying to push myself to try new genres. Right now, I'm trying to get myself into fantasy, and it's working. 
   One of my favorite fantasy novels is the first book in the Harry Potter series by J.K Rowling. I haven't had time to read the second one yet. Just too many books, and too little time!! 
  Lastly, my all time favorite series of fantasy books is the Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket (Spoiler Alert: His real name is Daniel Handler). I have read all the books, and I own some of them. 

7 comments:

  1. Hopping through. Glad you liked the first Harry Potter book! I'm a huge, crazed obsessed fan. And guess what - the books only get better from there. The first one is definitely good, but it's the most juvenile and has the most writing mistakes. #2 is my least favorite in the series, but #3 is my absolute favorite. I've read #3 more than any other book in the series.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually stick the the same genre too, so everything paranormal, so of course there are similar concepts, but I love them all just the same!!

    Here's My FF!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace
    New Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great answer! So long as the story captivates you, it dosen't matter if there is overlap.

    New Follower :)

    My response @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Read through your site...looks like we have the same ideas! I'm a reader & a writer, too.
    Good luck with your endeavors. I will be following. I thought I left another comment on here somewhere, but I'm new at this so I'm not sure I actually posted it!

    http://www.christywrites.com/book-log.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Same here! If I enjoy a particular concept or story-element, I will probably go and look for similiar stories. *grin* And it's great that you enjoy Harry Potter. I love the books to pieces. Actually about to reread them soon. (Well, I'll probably listen to the audiobook and look if I can make my little sister listen to them as well, but semantics, right? :))

    Patricia // My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree! I don't mind as long as there seems to be some original thought put into the story.

    http://mydailyobsessionreview.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! :)