Tuesday, November 6, 2012

I'm going to be teaching a class to my peers!!

I am teaching a class to my peers. It requires me to actually pretend to be confident while speaking in front of 25 plus students!

I am going to be teaching a class called "Skin Cancer 101". It'll cover why tanning is bad, how to prevent skin cancer, and what the types of skin cancer are. As a survivor of this disease, I am fortunate to be able to teach the class from a personal perspective. If any of you'd like to read (and sign!!!) my cancer blog, here is the link: www.caringbridge.org/visit/morgankatz

The reason I'm teaching this class is simple: to try to convince teenage girls not to tan. As we all know
(and I'm sure I don't need to mention this), tanning can give you a deadly form of skin cancer called melanoma. Melanoma is potentially fatal. I don't want anyone to get it by tanning!

On a brighter note, does anybody know of any good blogfests? I'm dying to participate in one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! :)