Thursday, August 22, 2013

Ten Years Later.... Blogfest

      For this blogfest. I've decided to write my post based on the very popular YA book My Sister's Keeper.  For those of you who haven't read this novel, it tells the story of a girl named Anna who was genetically conceived to be an organ donor for her sister Kate, who has leukemia. Eventually, Anna has had enough of this, and decides to sue her parents for making her be a donor to Kate. Ironically enough, Anna is the one who dies (spoiler alert!), and Kate ultimately survives.

For my ten years later entry, I've decided to write a diary entry from Kate's point of view.


                                                                                                                   June 1, 2014
Dear Diary,
Today marks the 10 year anniversary of Anna's death. I also am graduating high school today. As much as graduating brings joy to me, I cannot help but think about what should have been.

The doctors said that I was lucky that I made it to age five. Yet here I am,13 years later, graduating high school and moving into a dorm on the campus of DePaul University. I dream of becoming a pediatric oncologist.

Jesse is currently in rehab for his drug addiction to marajuana. He started smoking when Anna died. I guess it's his way of coping with this. It's been hard for all of us, especially my mom. She goes into her bed at night and cries at night when she thinks nobody can hear her. It's heart breaking. I'm off to go comfort her!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for participating! That sounds like an absolutely heart-wrenching book, and I'm glad things are turning out ok for Kate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luckily I have just read this book so that not very well hidden spoiler did not bother me. :P

    I'm told the movie differs from the book, and I can imagine how though I have yet to see it.

    Thanks for sharing this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love irony in books. This journal entry sounds like it should be the start of something new.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just a tip; you wrote 'goes to bed at night and cries at night' only one at night was needed. Otherwise its great, love your blog, keep the posts coming. Btw if you have time I would love to have a chat with you about feature and follow and blogfest :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elouise,I would love to chat with you! Feel free to shoot me an email! My email address can be found under the contact me page.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! :)