Friday, April 8, 2016

G is for Ghirardelli.

I love Ghirardelli Chocolate!! We have a store in downtown Chicago that is on my route to class, and I sometimes go in there and get free samples. My favorite kind of candy there is the caramel-filled chocolate bars. I also love the peppermint bark that they have every year during the holidays. If you haven't tried it, I highly recommend it!
  I have a whole system worked out to getting samples. What I do is go into the store and get the sample from the friendly greeter at the door. I then pretend to be looking around at the merchndise, and then I sneak out the door when the greeter is helping another customer so that they're not offended when I don't buy anything. It's not a very good system, but it works. I know they don't care if I buy anything, but I don't want to create an awkward situation.
   Another Ghirardelli product that I love is their brownie mix. It takes 5 minutes to make, but the brownies are amazing!

6 comments:

  1. I love Ghirardelli too, but I think I liked it better when I could only get it at Disney World. Now it's at every store and I miss the "anticipation" of eating it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I visited Ghirardelli in San Francisco. So, so good!

    And yeah, that brownie mix is delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have visited the Ghiradelli store in San Francisco. I love getting those free samples when I walk in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have to look for the brownie mix. About samples...you know, I ALWAYS feel embarassed about eating samples. I know that the purpose is to get you to try the product. I know that they can afford to hand it out. And yet, I can't get past feeling like a criminal if I eat it and then don't buy something. I'm glad I'm not the only one! Happy A

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL I meant to write "happy A to Z". It looks like I signed off as "Happy A".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lindt do the same thing, you can go into their store and the greeter gives you a chocolate. In fact if you want to look at various chocolates with a view to buying they will allow you to sample the ones you are thinking of purchasing. Never been to Ghiradelli though.

    JO ON FOOD, LIFE AND A SCENT OF CHOCOLATE

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! :)