Monday, April 15, 2013

Blogging A to Z- "N"


A to Z Challenge [2013]


"N" is for needle phobia. My phobia has improved in the past couple months, but it's still something that I have to deal with every time I go to the Dr. I especially hate injections or vaccines of any kind. Over the years, I've discovered that my secret weapon is my iPod. I use it every time I need to face a needle, and this way I don't pass out or anything like that.
 I had to get a mole off my back due to the fact that it was very annoying, and I almost DID pass out! It was so embarrassing!

5 comments:

  1. When I get my blood drawn, I can't look at the needle. And I still ask for a sticker afterward.

    New follower of your blog. I look forward to seeing what else you'd have here for A to Z.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as I don't look at the needle I'm ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get regular blood tests and can't look at the needle. I'm okay as long as they are efficient about finding my vein...sometimes they're not! :/

    Laura Eno – A Shift in Dimensions

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to talk to them while they draw blood. If I'm distracted, I'm OK. And I can't look at it. Bleh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have some tricky veins and for a while I had to get blood drawn monthly. It got to the point that I would only go to certain phlebotomist, if she wasn't there i gave whoever came over one chance to get the stick right and if they didn't I would reschedule. It wasn't a fear thing though. It was a bruising thing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! :)