Thursday, October 4, 2012

Blogging Challenge- Age 5

From ages 5 through 16, my blog posts will become much more interesting. And to answer your question- yes, I am an only child
   When I was 5, I started kindergarten. On the first day, my dad let me in the first and second grade door rather than the kindergarten door. I didn't know what was going on until it was too late. I saw big kids and strange, unfamiliar classrooms. I realized what was going on, and I ran out crying to my dad, " How could you do this to me?". I still remember it to this day, and I will never let him forget it.
 I had an absolutely amazing teacher in kindergarten. Her name was Mrs. Nelson. I remember that we did a lot of arts and crafts, coloring, playing, oh- and of course learning. That was the year I learned how to read, and how to add and subtract.

2 comments:

  1. Aww, poor 5-year-old you. I'm sure it was traumatic at the time, but you survived!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny how such little things (to an adult) are so terribly important to a child. It's good that we can remember that.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! :)