Tuesday, March 19, 2013

School reading vs.Pleasure Reading

I have  want  to read two books this month: one for a research paper, and one for pleasure. They are both good books, but I have come to the realization that pleasure reading is WAY more fun than school reading, perhaps becayse it's voluntary. However, what's nice about this particular school book is that I chose it. I can't help feel remorse because I am not enjoying this book as I thought I would, perhaps because I am forced to read it. The reason that pleasure reading is more fun is 1) you don't need to finish a book that you don't like and 2) you're not forced to read it (plus, we're never forced to read a book for pleasure!). What about you? Thoughts on pleasure reading vs. school reading?

1 comment:

  1. It's been a zillion years since I was in school, but I've always enjoyed reading, whether it was required reading for school, or purely for pleasure. One thing some teachers do to suck some of the pleasure our of required reading, though, is to make you dissect it and conjure up every possible thing the author "might" have been trying to express. Actually, that didn't bother me all that much, but my hubby hated that part.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! :)