Saturday, May 4, 2013

Avoidance

Avoidance is never a good thing, especially when you're avoiding writing a ten page english paper due in a week! Well, the draft is due in a week....

My paper focuses on how the media's perception of women contributes to negative body image, which in turn leads to eating disorders. I've done countless hours of research, revised my thesis, and have written not one but THREE outlines! I am so sick of this topic- sick enough to avoid writing a paper on it! I never thought this would happen, but it was inevitable...

I had the opportunity to interview a social worker who specializes in eating disorders. Though the process was slow (aka I had to nag her), she gave me some awesome answers, and I learned more than I ever wanted to know. Yes, I wrote her a thank you note..

Any tips on how to make myself write this paper?

1 comment:

  1. Hello!
    I completely understand and absolutely hate writing papers too. I really wish I could help you but I'm not to good at writing papers either. When I get sick of a topic I just try to push through it and write random stuff that might make sense, haha. Sorry I could help! I'm also your newest follower! I would really appreciate it if you could come over to my blog to check it out and if you like it, you can follow me as well. I blog about my favourite music and books hence the name Music Plus Books.
    Thank you and good luck,
    Music Plus Books
    - Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! :)