Thursday, May 2, 2013

Feature and Follow Friday


Q: Give us a sneak! What are you reading? Tell us about a fun or fail scene in your current read.

Right now, I'm re-reading A Child called "It" by Dave Pelzer. It's so powerful and inspiring. One of the most powerful scenes in the novel is when Dave begins stealing food when his abuser (his mom) refuses to feed him. Every time I read this book, I still cannot wrap my head around that scene- especially since this story is true. I really wish I could meet him someday just so I could tell him how much I love his book.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds sad, but profound! Old follower here.
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of that book. I might have to look it up and add it to my TBR list. I'm glad you like it.

    New follower via GFC

    My FF @ The Creative Forum
    Happy Reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this book sounds good but heartbreaking I love true stories.
    Jodie @ Aussie Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopping through. Pelzer's book has become a classic. I've never read it but it's always been on my list.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  5. Passing through to say hi!I'm a new follower who found you by FF blog hop and hope I can see you back at my blog or blogs =)

    guinandlibertadtomas.blogspot.com

    yamulticulturaljunkie.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! :)