Thursday, May 16, 2013

Bloghopsx3: Feature and Follow, Celebrate the Small Things, and Movie Remakes

AHHHH!!!! I'm TRIPLE  booked today! I have the Feature and Follow Hop, Celebrate the Small Things, and the Remake Blogfest. I am going to make this easy and just put it all in one really long post. That way, you can easily read all three entries.


Alison Can Read Feature & Follow
Q: School is out! What is your favorite Summer Reading book?
Hmm... tough question! I could take the easy way out and say, " Anything that I am not forced to read for school!". While that's true, it's not a good enough answer. I really don't have a true favorite, but I love reading in summer in general. One of my favorite series of summer is 'The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants' (maybe because the books take place during summer?). My all time favorite in the series is the first one, and the movie is amazing as well. I try to read as many books as I can in a summer. My record for a summer is 7- we'll see if I can read more this summer! Comment how much you think I can read! We'll see what the trend is!


I have so much to celebrate this week!
1. I scored a home run in kickball in gym! Yes, I am in high school, and I still play that game...
2. My english paper that is huge was supposed to be due tomorrow was pushed back to being due Monday because we're having a substitute teacher tomorrow, and the main english teacher doesn't trust the sub.
3. I will be a senior in high school as of 6/7/13!!





Best: Freaky Friday. The new one is so good at depicting the typical high school student, while the old one was outdated. Gotta love Lindsay Lohan, although not so much anymore since she has drug problems!!

Worst: Annie 1999- Please, DO NOT WATCH this movie. It was so bad that I felt like I was just watching little girls in a preschool play. The 1982 one with Carol Burnett is way better!!

Mean Girls 2- Nothing can measure up to the original movie. Trust me. I watched the second movie, and it's nowhere near as good as the first one. 

13 comments:

  1. Yay to kickball! I'd still love to play it if I had a gym and a ball :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed Lindsay Lohan was both in your best and worst picks! I did enjoy her Freaky Friday remake.
    Nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed the Freaky Friday remake, but I also really like Jamie Lee Curtis. (Yes, I think she's still very attractive.)
    Thanks for participating in our blogfest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked Freaky Friday. Didn't think it rocked but was fair enough for a lazy Sunday. Thanks for participating and congratulations on your home run!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked the remake of Freaky Friday but not for Lindsay Lohan. I thought Jamie Lee Curtis was hysterical.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pick for best remake! I can't help but love both versions of Freaky Friday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't even realise there was a remake for annie, hi from a new follower via google
    Jodie @ Aussie Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just popped over to check out your celebrations for the week and celebrate with you So YAY!!! on your home run and other celebrations. As for how many books I think you could read, well that's hard. But I'm gonna go with 8, that way it's just one over you current record and not to much more difficult. Hope you have a lovely weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. We almost rented Mean Girls 2, until we looked it up on IMDB and saw it's rating.

    Rhonda @Laugh-Quotes.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I remember the one with Carol Burnett: "Hadda go bathroom."

    ReplyDelete
  11. GO HOME RUN! That's exciting.

    And ahhhhhhhhhh Freaky Friday. I LOVE that movie.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Don't you just love when a deadline gets pushed back?! I'm going on to do my Master's in English this September, but I'm not sure that deadlines will be all that flexible! Cheers to your home run! Kickball is one game that I used to enjoy!

    Stopping by from the CTST hop...

    Brandy's Bustlings

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't seen the worst on your list. Actually, I haven't seen the best either! I did like Lindsay in Mean Girls, but I think that might be all I've seen...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! :)