Thursday, May 30, 2013

Fairy Prince Blogfest and WIP IT GOOD


For this blog fest, we are asked to tell readers who our favorite Disney prince is. For me, this is a simple one- I love the Prince from Snow White! I only wish he had an official name, but he's too mysterious for that. I love him because he is handsome, very personable, and has an AMAZING singing voice! I especially love the very last scene of the movie where he and Snow White ride off together into the sunset. I wish they could make a sequel so we could see what happens to all of the characters- especially the dwarves and the queen! 




I'm not sure if a speech counts as a WIP, but it's all I have. I am in the middle of finals prep right now and things are getting crazy!

WIP Title: Cancer 101

Word Count (projected/actual so far): 471

Genre: Nonfiction

How long have you been working on it?: About 7 Days 

Elevator Pitch (if you came across an agent in an elevator ride, what couple of lines would you use to summarize your book): My encounter with cancer as a teenager

Brief Synopsis (250 words or less): I was diagnosed with a really rare type of cancer when I was 15. I had three surgeries, and this is my story. I am proud to be cancer free! This piece discusses my experiences through my own eyes, including the events leading up to surgery. I focus quite a bit on my emotions during that period of time. 
Are you looking for a Critique Partner?: yes 

Are you looking for a Beta Reader?: What is that???

14 comments:

  1. Sounds like a very personal piece of work and you're very brave to be out there sharing it.

    A beta reader is someone who reads your finished draft and gives feedback on the story as a whole.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a brave idea and it could be a huge resource for other teenagers who will tragically suffer as you did. Well done!

    Shah X

    http://bit.ly/115vOR8

    ReplyDelete
  3. It most assuredly is a WIP...and a great one to boot!! Good luck with it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Morgan .. it's not the easiest time to deal with "a major" like cancer when you're in your teen years .. so I hear the part about your emotions speaking.

    I'm sure you'll find the right mentor to help you through the edit process - someone who will definitely relate to your story ...

    Telling it - will help many others .. I'd love to read it, as I'm sure it will be very thought provoking and very good .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I bet it's great! Something def worth sharing with the world. Best of luck with it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a very personal and emotional piece. I appreciate your courage in sharing your experience.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a very hard struggle for a teenager to go through. Congrats on being cancer free!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's going to be a speech? That's a very brave thing to do on any topic, let alone something like this. All the best with it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with your speech, hope it goes well, a really brave topic x
    Suzanne @ Suzannes Tribe

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds awesome and glad that it is a happy story so far!!

    Tim
    The Other Side blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sharing your journey has got to be exhilarating as well as terrifying. Keep at it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good on you for getting your story down on "paper", so to speak. A lot of people will be able to relate to what they read there.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's really brave of you to speak about your experience with cancer. I hope it goes well :)
    And thanks for sharing who your fave fairy tale prince is!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on being cancer free!
    Seven days?! Good luck on your new wip :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! :)