Thursday, May 9, 2013

Feature and Follow Friday


Q: Happy Mother's Day! Who is your favorite mom from fiction?


Hmm... This is a very hard question!! I would have to say that my favorite mom is Sara Fitzgerald from My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Piccoult. Sara's life is a balancing act. She has two daughters-Anna and Kate- who are both competing for her attention. Kate has leukemia, and Anna is suing her mother for making her donate her body parts to Kate. Sara is determined to do the right thing for both of her daughters, but does not always know what that is. She is determined to save Kate's life at the expense of Anna's well-being. She is determined not to loose Kate, but has a hard time knowing when to let go.

8 comments:

  1. Hopping through. I've meant to read My Sister's Keeper for such a long time. i'd really like to.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard so much about this book and the movie. It would be tough to be a mom in that situation that is for sure. Reminds me of the saying "You never know how strong you are until strong is the only thing you can be".

    Angie
    Angela's Anxious Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only seen the movie, but I agree she is an amazing Mom. I wish the kids would have just talked to her though instead of putting Anna through the all the grief.

    Rie @ Mission to Read

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would applaud any Mother that can make such a decision lightly, I mean OMG choosing between one daughter or the other…that's just plain crazy, it cannot be done :(

    My Follow Friday

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like an amazing book - I'll have to read it!

    I'm a new follower.

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great answer, I can't believe I for got about her!!

    I'm a new follower. Here is my FFF at my blog, Nala's Book Corner!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Still haven't read or seen this, but I do love Jodi Picoult!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! :)