Monday, April 20, 2015

Q is for the Evil Queen.

It wouldn't be right to NOT include this villain. She's always scared me, and I'm still afraid of her today! I am convinced that this lady is completely psychologically unstable. I'm in college and minoring in Psychology, so I tend to unconsciously analyze people. Anyway, she's unstable because she wants to be the fairest of them all, yet turns herself into an ugly old hag! She also has no mercy for anyone but herself, and she will do anything to be prettier than anyone else. Let me also say that this lady freaks me out as the old hag. She has a scary laugh, and she always makes exaggerated facial expressions. 

Here's a clip of her as the queen: 



And here's the clip of her as the old hag. You'll understand what I mean about the facial expressions: 



3 comments:

  1. I always found it funny in a way that all Disney Villains seem to be scared of something (well, all but Maleficent). My mother told me that the first time I ever watched Snow White, I was terrified of the Queen (especially in hag form), until she ran away from dwarfs and then I started laughing at her. I think that was Walt's way of keeping kids from having nightmares...make the villains seem like big chickens in the end, it certainly worked for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My old bible school teacher looked like the wicked witch of the west. And my mom wondered why I didn't want to go back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah yes-the Queen is one nasty meany. One does wonder what made her that way

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! :)